Monday, April 19, 2010

The Tube

I am a stay at home mom and pretty much have the time to play, read, and run around with my toddler. In her almost 20 months of life, I never really relied on tv as a source of entertainment for my daughter.

I have nothing against educational dvds, my daughter actually has a collection of Brainy Baby DVD, at one point, she actually liked watching it.  It's just that as she grew older, her love for books and play overshadows her interest in watching tv.

However, recently, I noticed that she has started to sit in front of the tv when watching an entire episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Playhouse Disney.  This show is interactive so there are times that she would answer the questions with yes or no, and point to the part of the screen where an item is being asked.  I suddenly found myself having a good 30-minute uninterrupted rest.  It was then that I realized that having tv time is not really bad.  My daughter gets an alternative learning and I also get my break.

No comments: